Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Customizing Blog

This is Day 3 of my blog and I am still learning more as I go along. I hope there never comes a day when I don't learn something about living on the Internet. Today I redid my dns pointing, again, and decided that it was better to not have the blog pointed to my domain and just upload it myself. This came after I discovered I was no longer able to see my main site as it kept being redirected to google for the hosting. Oops! I guess I didn't follow those directions very well that I was reading yesterday.

So, for now, going to try to use my own ftp and upload it myself. I've discovered that I can also add more of my own customizations to the blog this way, like the background, and typewriter image, so its all good.

I'm also changing the name from Tona's Tidings and Tidbits. I think Tech Talk is more suiting since most of the jargin will be technically speaking, anyway. I have so many ideas in my head right at the moment for things I would like to post in this blog, but I figure I will save them for a rainy day. For now I want to concentrate the blogs on setting up this blog. Maybe next week I will get into some other postings.

Along with this blog, while I have the time, I think I will be redoing my main site, freshening up the content, changing the dates, and perhaps working on my ESOL pages. Also in the works is a photogallery index page that will connect all of my photogallery pages for ease of viewing. I'm hoping to be able to showcase some of my photographs on the site for family and friends. I prefer this method to posting them on Facebook. I know that some would think its all the same because this is the Internet where everyone has access to it all, so what is the difference whether the photos are housed on this site, or on Facebook - but to me I feel more secure about posting my children's photos on my website, where the traffic is considerable lower than on Facebook, which has tons of traffic everyday.

Stay tuned for more changes to come to Tona's Tidings this week, and for more blogs in Tech Talk each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment