Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome! This is a new feature to my website that I am hoping will add to the site's functionality and usefulness to you, as educators. In the weeks and months to come I will be using this blog to share ideas, tips, hints, and tricks I have learned for integrating technology into the classroom. Perhaps some lesson plan ideas or activities, or maybe even a simple modification to a lesson plan.

I will admit, I am not much of a blogger, and have never done well with daily journals, but hope to be able to keep this blog up as the school year progresses.

Today I discovered another great feature on Apple's website. I knew it had been there all along, I just never realized all of the wonderful apps that were in store for teachers in their downloads section. In the math and science section, for instance, are many great freeware and shareware downloads that can be used in the classroom, like their RPN scientific calculator, or the stop watch that actually records all of your trial times. There are graphing apps that accept equations from text files, and algebraic equation apps that let you create interactive practice pages for your students. Apple.com's download pages are definitely worth the looksey: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/

0 comments:

Post a Comment